Our camps focus on the core foundations of fencing, including coordination, agility, and stance for all ages and abilities. Our accredited coaches are dedicated to providing a supportive, inspiring and fun atmosphere to foster a love of the sport and the growth of the athlete, both on the strip and off.
Membership is not required to enroll in a Camp.
December 27 – 31
We are so excited to announce Foil & Epee Winter Camp! Join us for 5 full days of training with the NWFC coaching staff and guests: Cody Mattern and Sebastien Dos Santos. Plus, we are excited to welcome back two of our own from the Ohio State fencing team, Henry Lange & Justin Vogler and Rose Parker & Olivia Barnes from the Vassar fencing team! Saturday, attendees can compete in the New Years Open Tournament (sign up on AskFred), to compete for a 2022 rating!
The camp’s emphasis will be on bouting and tactical awareness. Fencing activities include organized bouting, tactical drills, video review & observation, group feedback, and team bouting.
This camp is ideal for the committed fencer with experience from our Youth Intermediate classes and up. If you are not sure if the camp is for you, ask your coach.
Schedule: M-F 9 AM – 4 PM
Cost & Payment Due Dates:
- Camp: $600
- Late Registration Fee: $100 after 12/13/2021
- Daily Rate: $150
Payment is due in full at time of registration.
- 3 weeks prior to camp: Full refund less $100 admin fee.
- 1 week prior to camp: NO REFUNDS. 50% may be applied to a future camp.
- There are no partial refunds for missed camp days.
Health & Safety Protocols:
- Coaches, athletes, spectators, and staff, MUST wear a face-covering that covers the mouth and nose.
- All participants and staff must present either a covid-19 vaccination card documenting full vaccination 2 weeks prior to camp or a negative PCR covid test not more than 72 hours old.
- The camp runs longer than 72 hours. We will therefore require another test for unvaccinated individuals Thursday morning of camp. We will not require a PCR test for the second test, a quick test will be sufficient, and we will supply those test kits.
- If anyone tests positive we will retest to make sure the test was accurate. If the test is still positive, then all unvaccinated persons will be asked to leave and recommended to quarantine for 14 days.
Lunches are included. Bring snacks and a water bottle.
At this time, we are not able to provide housing from our host families.
Tournament fees are not included in camp registration.
SUMMER CAMPS for Youth One & Beginners ages 7-13
Summer fencing fun is here! NWFC’s beginning Youth Camps are designed for those with little to no fencing experience or to practice your skills. Through fun games and exercises, students will learn all the basics of the Olympic sport of foil fencing: how to hold the foil, fencing footwork, how to attack and defend, as well as all of the rules needed to fence. And of course, we will play group battle games!
It’s the perfect sport for keeping covid distance, we supply all of the protective gear, masks and weapons (but if you have your own, bring it!). Our gym is fully air conditioned with high quality air filters and an outside patio area for fresh air.
- VERY IMPORTANT- Bring a lunch, snacks, and water
- Wear a t-shirt, long pants, tennis type shoes (no sandals, crocs, or flip flops)
Please pick up your fencer promptly at 3pm each day, they will be tired!
Regular registration: $300/camp (members will receive 10% off)
REGISTER EARLY! 30 days before camp starts, the price goes up to $400!
Camp Payment Due Dates:
- Members: 30 days prior to start of camp
- Non-members: Due in full at time of registration
Sign up for one camp or all of them!
July 12-16 | July 19-23 | August 2-6 | August 9-13
This camp is designed for intermediate and advanced fencers to help them prepare for summer competitions or to practice intensely. It is 4 days: SAT 6/26-TUE 6/29
The camp’s emphasis will be on bouting and tactical awareness. Fencing activities include: organized bouting, tactical drills, video review and observation, group feedback, and team bouting.
Camp starts June 26 at 9 am. Doors open at 8 am.
- 9:00am to 12:00pm: Morning Training Session
- 12:00pm to 2:00pm: Lunch Break
- 2:00pm to 5:00pm: Afternoon Training Session
Regular registration: $500 (10% club member discount)
Partial camp allowed: $150/day
The minimum age is 10.
Lunch will be provided.
Guest & Member Cancellation Policy:
3 weeks before camp/clinic starts: 100% refund less $75 admin fee.
1 week before camp starts: 50% refund.
Less than one week notice: We do not offer refunds but 50% of the paid camp fee may be applied to a future camp. There are no partial refunds for missed camp days.
Recommended hotel: TownePlace Suites Portland Beaverton
Adult Epee Ages 21+
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your coach.